Last year, when I wrote that guide on what to see before The Avengers, many people thought it was very handy to check out before seeing the film. I thought I would do the same for what to watch before you see The Wolverine. Here we go!
1. X-Men: First Class — This movie is the perfect intro to the X-Men movies. It features a younger, and wilder Professor X, before he was in a wheelchair, and it has Magneto before he became a villain. There are some differences from the other films, but not too many.
2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine — This Wolverine movie was alright, but could have been better. You could have big debates bringing up this movie to X-Men fans. Mainly because of some inconsistencies, which you will notice from watching First Class. But they are all minor.
3. X-Men – This is the X-Men film that shot the mutants into even more popularity. This movie is about the team learning to work together. And this was made in 2000, and changed superhero films into a genre adults could enjoy, and washed out the bad taste Batman & Robin left two years earlier.
4. X2: X-Men United — It’s always hard to make a follow up to a movie as good as the first. Thankfully, X2 hits all the right notes. It’s about ,literally, good and bad mutants banding together to stop a common threat. (And this one is even better if you watched Origins, since one of the other characters returns. I’m not telling who.)
5. X-Men: The Last Stand– This one is required to see before The Wolverine, since it takes place a few years before the events in the film. Namely, the person he regrets killing is in this one. It may not be the strongest X-Men film, but it has a lot of good things to know.
There you have it! Now you can get the most out of The Wolverine.
I have also added a poll, so we can see which movie is your favorite! Let’s see which film ends up on top.