School is almost over. You have ideas of going to camps and etc, but something’s missing. What are you going to read? Here’s my recommendations:
1. The Children of Hurin by J.R.R Tolkien
2. The Iron Tower Trilogy by Dennis L. McKiernan
3. Black by Ted Dekker
4. The Dark Tower by Stephen King
5. Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
6. Macbeth by William Shakespeare
7. The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks
8. The Word & Void Trilogy by Terry Brooks
9. Airborne by Kenneth Oppel
10. Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weiss & Tracy Hickman
11. Showdown by Ted Dekker
12. One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
13. The Bloody Crown of Conan by Robert E. Howard
14. Jirel of Joiry by C.L Moore
15. Dragonflight by Anne McCaffery
16. Heartsongs by Mattie Stepanek
17. Fulcrum Shift by Will Kalif
18. Legend by David Gemmell
19. The Iliad by Homer (translated by Robert Fagles)
20. Beowulf translation by Seamus Heaney
21. In the Hall of the Dragon King by Stephen Lawhead
22. Mossflower by Brian Jacques
23. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
24. The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
25. Dracula by Bram Stoker
26. Canticle by R.A. Salvatore
27. The Demon Awakens by R.A. Salvatore
28. Dune by Frank Herbert
Do you like hard boiled detective novels? Do you like heroic fantasy? This may be a good yarn for you!
Harry Dresden is a professional wizard for hire, and also is an informant for the Chicago P.D on murders that have to do with magic, but nothing can prepare him for what’s to come.
The murder in this book was brutal- too brutal for someone with normal magic to be capable of doing. It could only have been the work of a dark sorcerer. Meanwhile, the White Council (a council for wizards) thinks that Harry is the one who murdered the victim. Harry doesn’t use dark magic, and if he doesn’t prove his innocence soon, he will be executed by his peers.
This book never relents in action, and has many twists you’d never seen coming….
What is your favorite Fantasy novel?
This book is the fourth book in “The Dragon Lance Chronicles” series. This book is about a mystical race called the Irda. The Irda are afraid of an invasion by the dark paladins called The Knights of Takhisis who have taken over many areas of the world they live in called Krynn. To defend themselves they find something called the Graygem to save themselves from evil. When trying to unlock the gem’s power, it releases Chaos, the Father of the Gods, out from his prison.
Chaos wants revenge on his children, and creates an army of terror. To stop Chaos, it will take everyone, good and evil, to win against Chaos. Will the people of Krynn set aside there differences, or let the world be destroyed?
Note: I would read Dragons of Autumn Twilight first, Dragons of Winter Night second, and Dragons of Spring Dawning third.
The webcomics on this site are pretty funny. Heres the link: